Tomorrow it will be the first anniversary of this blog.
I wanted to take a moment to reflect on that and the last 12 months.
I decided to start the blog whilst on vacation in Italy, and 2 days later I had bought the domain name, set up the word press account and decided to just dive in and give it a try.
Well 12 months later I have
- Written over 312 posts, on average 6 a week
- Had over 218,000 hits
- 90 subscribers
- Create a Facebook page which has almost 150,000 followers
- Been listed in the Top 50 Leadership Blogs to Follow in 2013, Top 30 Leadership Gems, and ranked 37 in Top Leadership Blogs
- Ran a Marathon and persuaded several others, who had no intention of running a Marathon, to run one with me
- Written a book on Leadership, which will be due out later this year
If you had told me all this a year ago I would have laughed at you, said it was not possible.
If a Fortune Teller had predicted it I would have discounted her as a fake.
Not only did I not believe I could achieve these things, many of them, were not even on my to do list.
But yet, one year later here I am and they are all done, and all of them exceeded my expectations by a long, long way.
I write on this subject today for 2 reasons:
- To remind myself of what is possible if you just try, if you just give it a shot
- To share with you, that if you just give something a go, follow what you want to do, then you never know where it might lead you, you might just surprise yourself
I would never have predicted this, and I would never have gotten here I had not just started.
I often write the starting is the first step on the road to success well I have tried my own medicine and I can full recommend it.
I was nervous when I started, I knew I wanted to write something, but I didn’t know whether it would be any good, or of any interest to anyone else.
So I would like to say a very big thank you to everyone who has encouraged me, supported me, provided me with ideas, provided me with feedback, shared my posts with others and those who just read my posts.
It is very much appreciated.
And finally I would just say, that if there is something that you want to do, then just dive in and start, and who knows in years time when you look back you too may be amazed at what you were capable of and what you have achieved.
Thanks to everyone 🙂