Well, I have written many articles on the FAST Leadership Approach, but I haven’t really talked much about what is a FAST Leader.
There is quite a bit of overlap between the two as you can imagine, both of them include Focus, Accountability, Simplicity and Transparency in their definitions, but there are some subtle differences in these attributes between the FAST Leadership Approach and FAST Leaders.
In FAST Leadership these are the attributes of the process that we follow to achieve successful results, whereas for FAST Leaders, they are the qualities that the leaders exhibit.
FAST Leadership looks to ensure that we have the right:
- Focus, that we have clarity over our objectives and a clear picture of success
- Accountability, that we have clear roles and responsibilities, with the right tools and authority level to allow our teams to take ownership and become empowered
- Simplicity, that we have a clear, easy to understand approach to completing the tasks
- Transparency, that we know where we are and what we need to do to be successful
FAST Leaders are leaders who:
- Are Focused in everything they do, are dogged and determined;
- Hold themselves Accountable and don’t look to blame others;
- Keep things Simple; and look to minimise complexity;
- Are Transparent in everything they do, they are open and honest with no hidden agendas.
These are the attributes of FAST Leaders and it’s these qualities that help them to build inspired and engaged teams.
In 2015 I am looking to help as many people become FAST Leaders as possible, because the more FAST Leaders we have, the more the inspired and engaged teams we will have, and the more astounding the result we will achieve.
I want to create a FAST Movement where fellow FAST Leaders will come together, to share ideas and learn from one another.
If you would like to learn more about becoming a FAST Leader or join the FAST Movement, then sign up for more information.