Focus is the most important element in any endeavour, we need to make sure we know where we are going, what success looks like and we need to communicate it clearly to everyone involved so that we are all pulling in the same direction.
Once we have our focus we need to maintain it, we need to keep our eyes on the prize, keep going towards our goal with our very last breath until it is achieved.
The challenge is that our Focus can be blurred, it can be fleeting, we have thousands of things competing for our attention every moment of every day. It’s difficult to get the right focus unless we have simplicity, and it is tough to maintain it with all that goes on around us.
But if we can master it, if we can harness our Focus then there is very little that we cannot achieve.
I have listed here 27 quotes on Focus, my goal was to have 25 but I found a few more which were too good to leave out and as my goal was to share the importance of Focus rather than just limiting to 25 quotes I felt it best to leave them in.
I would love to hear your thoughts on Focus, your vies, and which is your favourite quote 🙂
- Focus is a matter of deciding what things you’re not going to do. John Carmack
- I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest. Venus Williams
- It’s very tough for me to focus. I’m like: ‘Look, something shiny! No, focus. Oh, there goes a butterfly!’ Gabby Douglas
- You can focus on things that are barriers or you can focus on scaling the wall or redefining the problem. Tim Cook
- If you just focus on the smallest details, you never get the big picture right. Leroy Hood
- Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus. Alexander Graham Bell
- The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear. Brian Tracy
- The direction of your focus is the direction your life will move. Let yourself move toward what is good, valuable, strong and true. Ralph Marston
- To inspire a singularity of focus, a challenge must be important to you and it must be something you feel you should do now in this moment. If it’s trivial or not time-bound, you won’t engage. So in selecting your next challenge in life, choose one that is meaningful and will demand your complete concentration. Brendon Burchard
- Clarity affords focus. Thomas Leonard
- The focus should not be on talking. Talk is cheap. It must be on action. Howard Berman
- Most people have no idea of the giant capacity we can immediately command when we focus all of our resources on mastering a single area of our lives. Tony Robbins
- If you focus on the things you can’t do, you’ll destroy yourself. Just remember everything you can do. Giles Duley
- One way to boost our will power and focus is to manage our distractions instead of letting them manage us. Daniel Goleman
- One of the hard lessons to learn in life is that there are some things you can control and some things you can’t. If you want a short recipe for being frustrated and miserable, this is it: focus on things you can’t control. John Bytheway
- One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular. Tony Robbins
- I learned long ago to focus on things you can control and don’t even pay attention to things you don’t. Bryan Cranston
- Really, most of us just focus on what’s in front of us. We’re too busy putting out the fires of everyday life. Aidan Quinn
- Whenever the heat’s on, my whole life, I’ve just kind of learned to focus a little more. Jordan Spieth
- The secret to multitasking is that it isn’t actually multitasking. It’s just extreme focus and organization. Joss Whedon
- If the boat started shaking, we stayed on course and didn’t lose focus. That made the difference. Sebastian Vettel
- “Success usually comes down to choosing the pain of discipline over the ease of distraction.” ~ James Clear
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” Socrates
- “I don’t care how much power, brilliance or energy you have, if you don’t harness it and focus it on a specific target, and hold it there you’re never going to accomplish as much as your ability warrants.” Zig Ziglar
- “My success, part of it certainly, is that I have focused in on a few things.” Bill Gates
- “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” Bruce Lee
- “A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.” Anonymous
If you are struggling with your Focus and you want it fixed FAST call me on 561 501 0888 or email me at Gordon@leadership-principles.com for a free 30 minute strategy session.