Goals Update 2013 and New Goals 2014!
As I look back on my goals for 2013 and see how I did, out of the nine goals I set myself, I achieved 5, and one partially, but failed miserable on 3. Those highlighted below in Red.
I might not have lost any weight, although I did run 2 marathons and significantly improve my health and fitness, so I am not too disappointed with that.
Goals 2013 results.
- Be unconditionally happy. We have the ability to decide whether to be happy or not, and I will choose to be happy
- Run a Marathon in 2013 – date is already set for April 28th and I am now looking to run in under 4hrs 30 mins
- Write a book on Leadership, I target to have first draft completed by May 2013
- Buy a house by end of 2013, not sure where yet, this could be fore retirement or to live in now
- Learn Italian, improve from beginner to intermediate
- Speak German more frequently, at least on a daily basis, and have more meetings in German
- Lose some weight, get down below 80kg by end of quarter, it’s only a kg per month
- Improve my photography skills, take a couple of courses, move on from beginner
- Visit New Zealand – possibly Xmas vacation next year
Here are my goals for 2014.
- Run 1500km including Vancouver and Athens Marathons in 2014
Stretch Target 2000km
- Lose Weight get down to 78kg by end of June 2014.
Stretch Target down to 75kg by end of 2014
- Move back to US and buy a house there by end of 2014 – in Scottsdale
- Establish Leadership Principles LLC, provide Speaking, Training, Coaching and Consulting service and for it to be generating enough revenue for me to continue to focus on this in 2015.
- Write and publish 3 books on Leadership
Stretch target 4
- Learn conversational Arabic, at least get to beginner level
I might come up with some additional ones, but for now this is it.
Let me know what your goals are for 2014!
Happy New Year